In order for AmaLinks Pro to work properly – you need to connect it to the Amazon API using your own private credentials. Don’t worry – this is not difficult and we will guide you with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions below…
Step 1 – Log In to Amazon Associates
Step 2 – Login to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Click on the Manage Credentials button
- Sign in to or create a new AWS (Amazon Web Services) account
Your Security Credentials page will automatically open up
Step 3 – Create New Access Key
Important Change – Managing Your AWS Secret Access Keys
As described in a previous announcement, you cannot retrieve the existing secret access keys for your AWS root account, though you can still create a new root access key at any time. As a best practice, we recommend creating an IAM user that has access keys rather than relying on root access keys.
- Click on Access Keys (access key ID and secret access key)
- Click on blue button to Create New Access Key
- Click on link to Show Access Key
Step 4 – Copy, Paste and Download your New Access Keys
- Copy your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key (separately) and paste into a document or something and save it someplace where you will never lose it
- Click the Download Key File button (as a backup) and save that file someplace where you will never lose it
Note: Once you close this popup window – you will NEVER be able to access your Secret Access Key again for this particular Access Key ID. If you lose it – you’ll simply have to go through all of these steps again and create a brand new Access Key ID.
Step 5 – Insert Your Access Keys in AmaLinks Pro
- In your WordPress menu under AmaLinks Pro > click on Settings
- Under the Amazon API tab – Paste your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key (separately)
Important: Click the Update button (in upper right corner) to Save your credentials.
More Documentation and Tutorials